Welcome to the web site of Apifia Inc. d/b/a Mavrck (“Mavrck,” “we,” “us,” and/or “our”). Mavrck owns and operates certain web sites, including https://www.Mavrck.co (the “Web Sites”), and makes available other marketing and promotional services, including through various “community” web sites affiliated with Brands (as defined below) (collectively, the Web Sites and such services, including any future features and applications, the “Mavrck Services”). The Mavrck Services are designed to offer users of the Mavrck Services (collectively, “Users,” “you,” or “your”) the opportunity to connect with each other and the third parties to which Mavrck provides marketing and promotional services (“Brands”), share information about and opinions on products and services offered by our Brands, and participate in certain sweepstakes, contests, challenges and other promotions (“Promotions”).
- Information We Collect
When you interact with us through the Mavrck Services, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as described below:
Customer Account and Inquiries: If you are a Brand or prospective customer, we collect and process your Personal Data when you (i) visit the Web Sites, sign up for a Mavrck webcast or other event or make a request to receive information about Mavrck or the Mavrck Services, including to book a demo, (ii) contact Mavrck’s sales team or customer support team, and (iii) sign up for a Mavrck account and use the Mavrck Services. The Personal Data we collect may include your first and last name, job title, company name, email address, mailing address, payment and billing information, phone number, country location.
Personal Data That You Provide Through the Mavrck Services: We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information in connection with your use of the Mavrck Services, such as when you contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys, register for access to the Mavrck Services or use certain Mavrck Services, including when done so through their integration into social media services, such as Facebook and Twitter (“Social Media Services”) (for more information on the information we may receive from Social Media Services, please see the “Personal Data From Social Media Services” section below). Data collected may include: First Name, Last Name, Profile Photo, Email, Birthday, Gender, Location, Hometown, Current City, Current State, Current Country, Brands you mention, IP Address, Topics/Keywords you use, and your social post performance.
Personal Data From Social Media Services: When you provide Mavrck access to your Social Media Services account, we will collect relevant information necessary to enable the Mavrck Services to access that Social Media Service, however you will provide your login information, like your password, directly to such Social Media Service (and not to Mavrck).
Personal Data Obtained from Other Sources: We collect information about you from publicly accessible sources. For example, we may collect information that you have made publicly available online or that we obtain from other public sources, including Social Media Services (please refer to the “Personal Data From Social Media Services” section above) and third-party influencer databases and platforms.
Personal Data Collected on Behalf of Brands: We collect under the direction of our Brands information about influencers with whom Brands engage on Social Media Services. We have no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Data we process on behalf of Brands. If you are a User of one of our Brands and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Brands that use the Mavrck Services or you would like to access, correct or request deletion of your data, please contact the Brand that you interact with directly.
- Our Use of Your Personal Data
To provide Brands with access to the Mavrck Services. This processing is necessary to perform our contract with our Brands.
As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- To respond to our Brands’ or Users’ inquiries, fulfill requests for products and services, respond to comments, feedback or questions;
- To pursue the interest of our Brands in engaging with Users when they are interacting with the relevant Brand;
- To pursue the interest of our Users in connecting with each other and with Brands;
- To personalize the content you see. For example, we use information about your use of the Mavrck Services, including information that we obtain through cookies and other technologies, to better understand your needs and interests in order to personalize your experience by presenting on the Mavrck Services products and services tailored to your interests;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Mavrck Services, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- If you ask us to delete your data and we are required to fulfill your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of the Mavrck Services and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks;
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties.
For information about what we mean by legitimate interests and the rights of individuals in the European Union (“EU”), please see the “EU Visitors” section below.
Marketing. We may contact you to tell you about services or products we believe will be of interest to you. If we do, where required by law, for example laws in the EU, we will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your Personal Data. You may opt-out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, please contact us (refer to the “Contact Us” section below). If you unsubscribe from our marketing list, we will continue to contact you via email regarding the provision of the Mavrck Services and to respond to your requests.
- Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We consider your Personal Data to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale of all or a portion of our assets, transition of service to another provider, merger, reorganization, financing due diligence, bankruptcy, receivership, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
Brands: Many of the Mavrck Services are offered in connection with a specific Brand. Mavrck shares the information you provide, including Personal Data, with Brands who provide you content targeted to your interests (including opportunities to participate in community forums and other interactive experiences), in accordance with the following: (i) with your informed consent (when we or our Brands have a direct interaction with you), or (ii) when we do not obtain your Personal Data directly from you (as described above), as necessary for our, our Brands’ and/or our Users’ legitimate interests (described above) and as permitted by applicable law (you may object at any time to such sharing, as described below). A Brand may use and disclose the Personal Data it receives from Mavrck Services according to the Brand’s individual privacy policies.
Agents, Service Providers: Mavrck, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions and to help us understand and improve the use of our Services. Such parties providers of database storage and management services, customer support services, email management solutions, Mavrck Services hosting and other information technology providers, processing payments, providers of website analytics and direct marketing campaigns services, providers of artificial intelligence-based and machine learning solutions (such as providers of visual intelligence and visual search applications for pictures and videos). We may share your Personal Data with vendors and service providers retained in connection with providing the Mavrck Services on our behalf and under our instructions. For Personal Data transferred to us from European Union (“EU”) or European Economic Area (“EEA”) member countries and Switzerland under, respectively, the EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield, we will remain liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents or service providers that we engage to process the Personal Data on our behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles (Please see further the “Privacy Shield” section below.)
For information on your choices and means for limiting use and disclosure of your Personal Data, please see the “Users’ Rights” section below.
- Account Deactivation and Deletion
If you no longer desire to use the Mavrck Services, you may deactivate or delete your account by sending an email to support@Mavrck.co. Note that de-activating your account with Mavrck may not fully remove the data collected from Facebook and other Social Media Services, or the data held or collected by Brands.
- Data Retention
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- EU Visitors
Scope. This section applies if you are visitor to or User of the Mavrck Services in the EU (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and, to the extent applicable, Switzerland).
Data Controller. Mavrck is the data controller for processing Personal Data that we collect from or about you, but we act as a data processor for Personal Data provided or otherwise made available to us by Brands through the Mavrck Services, which we process on Brands’ behalf pursuant to our contract with the applicable Brand . To find the contact information of our representative in the EU for purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, please see the “Contact Us” section below.
Your Rights. Subject to applicable EU law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data, such as where you withdraw your consent. If we shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you, and that is processed by automated means. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data (refer to the “Our Use of Your Personal Data” section above) — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
Please see the “Contact Us” section below for information on how to exercise your rights.
- Links to Other Web Sites
- Social Media
Through the Mavrck Services, you may choose to access certain Social Media Services. When you elect to access and use the Social Media Services, you will be sharing your information (which will include Personal Data) with those Social Media Services. As with other External Sites, the information that you share with the Social Media Services will be governed by the privacy policies and terms of service of the providers of such Social Media Services and not by the Mavrck’s policies and procedures. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these Social Media Services to, for example, control what information the Social Media Services disclose to other entities, including Mavrck.
Some cookies expire after a certain amount of time, or upon logging out (session cookies), others remain on your computer or terminal device for a longer period (persistent cookies). The Mavrck Services use first party cookies (cookies set directly by Mavrck) as well as third party cookies, as described below. For more details on cookies please visit All About Cookies.
Type of Cookies Used. The Mavrck Services use the following technologies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Used to provide you (notably, when you log in at app.Mavrck.co) with the services available through the Mavrck Services and to use some of their features, such as the ability to log-in and access secure areas. These cookies are served by Mavrck and are essential for using and navigating the Mavrck Services. Without these cookies, basic functions of the Mavrck Services would not work. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Mavrck Services, you cannot refuse them.
- Analytics/Performance Cookies: Used to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Mavrck Services when they are using them. This helps us improve the way the Mavrck Services work, for example, by making sure Users are finding what they need easily. The Mavrck Services use:
- Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). The information collected by Google (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States (Google is certified to the Privacy Shield for data transfers). How long a Google Analytics cookie remains on your computer or device depends on what it is and what it is used for. Some Google Analytics cookies expire at the end of your browser session, whilst others can remain for up to two years. You can prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics on the Mavrck Services by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser. For more information on Google Analytics privacy practices, read here.
- Snowplow, a web analytics service provided by Snowplow Analytics Limited. For more information on Snowplow’s privacy practices, read here.
Other Technologies. From time to time we may provide our influencers and partners with pixel tags to get information about visitors’ usage of a website. Pixel tags are a technology similar to cookies that can be embedded in online content or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity on websites (for example, to know when content has been shown to you), or to know when you have viewed particular content. Please review the privacy or cookie policies or pop-ups provided on the applicable website you interact with to receive more information on the use of such technologies.
Your Choices. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Mavrck Services and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Mavrck Services.
If you access the Mavrck Services on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
You use Mavrck at your own risk. Mavrck takes reasonable and appropriate measures to protect the Personal Data provided via the Mavrck Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. These measures are regularly assessed and improved according to technological developments in the field. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from the Mavrck Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Mavrck via the Internet. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot, and do not, guarantee that information or content posted by a User on or through the Mavrck Services will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Mavrck Services or Social Media Services.
- Your California Privacy Rights
Applicable California privacy legislation permits visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request to access such information, please contact us as follows: email your name, social media URL’s, and information request to privacy@Mavrck.co. Within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of Personal Data disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.
- Do Not Track Signals
- Other Terms and Conditions
- International Users
If you are using the Mavrck Services from outside of the United States, you expressly acknowledge and agree that your Personal Data and other information will be processed in the United States and in other third countries. Privacy and data security laws may be less stringent than or otherwise different from the laws in effect in your country of residence. You expressly agree to the processing of your Personal Data and other information in accordance with this Policy. If you are using the Mavrck Services from the EU or the EEA, your Personal Data will be processed and transferred to the United States in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles as explained below.
- Privacy Shield
Mavrck is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission and of other relevant US statutory bodies authorized to verify and ensure compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles.
Mavrck has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles to the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit Mavrck.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
If a complaint cannot be resolved by any of the mechanisms described above, you also have a right, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration under the Privacy Shield Panel as further explained in the Privacy Shield Principles (for additional information, please visit: https://Mavrck.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.). If you want to initiate this arbitration procedure, you are required to first formally notify us of your intention to do so by writing at privacy@Mavrck.co. Please remember to include in your notice a summary of the steps you have already taken to resolve your complaint and a description of the alleged violation. For additional information about the arbitration process please visit the Privacy Shield website: Mavrck.privacyshield.gov.
- Contact Us
You may contact us at privacy@Mavrck.co or by regular mail addressed to:
Apifia, Inc. dba Mavrck
100 N. Washington St. First Floor
Boston, MA 02114