Consumer trust in brands is at an all-time low – so low that the American public only trusts 22% of brands and ‘wouldn’t care’ if 74% of brands disappeared.
But despite consumers’ brand skepticism, trust in influencers has never been higher. Influencer-generated content is 50% more trusted and 35% more memorable than other forms of media. Partnering with influencers helps brands establish authentic consumer connections while maximizing the breadth of content production required today to be relevant. As a result, share of influencer voice has emerged as a critical indicator of market share and competitive advantage, prompting a departure from digital advertising as we once knew it.
This trend continues to be exemplified in the hot sauce industry, where niche varieties and product versatility in the kitchen have contributed to double-digit growth and a billion dollar industry. Unlike other condiment categories like ketchup or mayonnaise that have one or two dominant players, the hot sauce market is anyone’s game. In this report, we look at share of influencer-generated content (IGC) across leading hot sauce brands.
Here’s an insider look at some of the most noteworthy trends and influencer marketing stats we learned from the brands leading share of influencer voice in the Hot Sauce industry:
- Tabasco, Frank’s Red Hot and El Yucateco, the top three IGC category leaders in volume, owns 97% of share of voice in the hot sauce industry.
- Frank’s Red Hot, the IGC category leader in engagement, earned 2.6x more engagement per post when compared to the category average.
- IGC from Tabasco (category leader in IGC volume) highlights ingredient freshness and simplicity, appealing to the health-conscious consumer.
- IGC from Frank’s Red Hot (category leader in IGC engagements) emphasizes ‘everyday use’ by pairing high-impact visuals with personal testimonies from a wide array of influencers.
- IGC from El Yucateco (third in IGC volume) comes from a niche community of Latina influencers, speaking to brand commitment to authenticity.
Want to learn more key insights? Download the report below to learn which hot sauce brands had the greatest influencer SOV in the last year, as well as examples and best practices from hot sauce brand category leaders.
Want to learn more key insights? Download the report below to learn which hot sauce brands had the greatest influencer SOV in the last year, as well as examples and best practices from hot sauce brand category leaders.DOWNLOAD