How the Dallas Mavericks Used Mavrck to Activate Influencers & Engaged Local Community All Year Long
About The Team
The Dallas Mavericks are a first class global sports and entertainment organization providing memorable experiences for fans worldwide.
The Mavericks compete in the National Basketball Association as a member of the Western Conference and play at the American Airlines Center under the direction of Coach Rick Carlisle, General Manager Donnie Nelson, Chief Executive Officer Cynt Marshall and Owner Mark Cuban.
Since the inaugural season in 1980-81, the Mavs have won three division titles, two conference championships and one NBA championship in 2011.
The Dallas Mavericks saw an opportunity to collaborate with influencers to ignite the local community and keep the Mavericks top-of-mind during both the regular season and the off-season.
In doing so, the Dallas Mavericks sought to:
- Generate awareness around the team’s various theme nights throughout the season and off-season (i.e., Pride Night, Networking Hours, Food Tours, Children’s Summer Camps).
- Create ongoing influencer-generated content (IGC) to repurpose across digital marketing initiatives and sales teams.
Identifying Local Influencers
To deliver on its core objectives to ignite the local community by driving awareness around the team’s various theme nights, the Dallas Mavericks developed a localized influencer marketing strategy.
In doing so, the Mavericks leveraged Mavrck’s advanced search capabilities to recruit and activate micro- and macro-influencers within its target audience: millennials living in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
Recruiting Influencers with Theme Night Passions
After identifying this initial segment influencers (i.e., Millennials living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area) the Mavericks then recruited influencers who authentically reflected the values of its various theme nights.
To do this, the Dallas Mavericks used Mavrck’s Search Filters to identify influencers with topics ranging from fitness & health, fashion, art, food & wine and LGBTQ & women’s rights. These influencers were then invited to apply to the relevant campaign.
Activating Influencers to Promote Community Events
Once accepted into the campaign partnership, influencers were instructed to highlight themselves attending the event, typically through a series of Instagram Stories and one static Instagram post. Influencers were given a specific campaign hashtag and were instructed to post before, during and after the event they attended, encouraging their followers to attend one of the team’s various theme nights.
For all campaigns, influencers were incentivized in the form of a VIP Maverick Experience for themselves and one guest. For the majority of campaigns, no additional monetary incentive was provided.
#WelcomeTheFuture Game Night Campaign Performance
- 74 Influencers Activated
- 455K Impressions on Influencer Posts
- 34.2K Engagements on Influencer Posts
- 7.5% Average Engagement Rate Average
- $0.26 Average CPE
#DIRK Watch Night Campaign Performance
- 142 Influencers Activated
- 273K Impressions on Influencer Posts
- 23K Engagements on Influencer Posts
- 8.3% Average Engagement Rate on Influencer Posts
- $0.26 Average CPE
#TrueMaverick City Edition Jersey Launch Campaign Performance
- 192 Influencers Activated
- 874K Impressions on Influencer Posts
- 55.3K Engagements on Influencer Posts
- 6.44% Average Engagement Rate on Influencer Posts
- $0.29 Average CPE
#RowdyProudLoud Opening Night Campaign Performance
- 122 Influencers Activated
- 357K Impressions on Influencer Posts
- 13.3K Engagements on Influencer Posts
- 3.62% Average Engagement Rate on Influencer Posts
- $0.16 Average CPE
#MavsPride Pride Night Campaign Performance
- 42 Influencers Activated
- 102K Impressions on Influencer-Generated Content
- 8.5K Engagements on Influencer-Generated Posts
- 8.34% Average Engagement Rate
- $0.57 Average CPE
#WomenOfMavs Women’s Symposium Night Campaign Performance
- 62 Influencers Activated
- 37K Impressions on Influencer-Generated Content
- 2.2K Engagements on Influencer-Generated Posts
- 5.96% Average Engagement Rate
- $0.68 Average CPE
Take a deeper dive into the power of the Mavrck platformBook a demo
Ambassador Community Growth
Impressions on Influencer Content
Average Engagement Rate on Influencer Content