With half of the American public relying on recommendations from influencers when making purchasing decisions, influencer marketing is growing – and fast. Over the last 12 months, Google reported a 325% increase in searches for ‘influencer marketing,’ correlating to the 67% of marketers who plan on increasing their marketing budget over the next 12 months.
Marketers are beginning to recognize the importance of adopting an Influencer Marketing & Relations strategy as an always-on solution. Partnering with influencers not only helps brands maximize personalized and trusted content but also establishes authentic communication channels. There are no tricks with influencer marketing, just treats.
There’s no better time to unleash the power of influencer marketing than Halloween. This year, the spook-tacular holiday is projected to have another record-setting season – with expected spend to reach $9.1 billion, up from $8.4 billion in 2016.
It’s safe to say brands are having loads of skele-fun with influencer marketing. Here’s an insider look at some of the most noteworthy trends and influencer marketing stats we learned from the brands leading share of influencer voice in the Halloween category:
- Walmart, the IGC category leader in volume, owns 25% of share of voice among Halloween market leaders.
- Nestle and Hefty, the brands with the second and third highest volumes of IGC, account for 27% share of voice combined.
- IGC from all category leaders incorporate family-friendly baking ideas and recipes, creating a personalized and interactive experience for consumers.
- IGC from Walmart (category leader in IGC volume) pictures a wide variety of brands and other Halloween-themed goodies. This is reflective of Walmart’s depth of products and commitment to being a ‘one-stop shop.’
- Nestle (second in IGC volume) highlights specialized product packaging to target a niche demographic: bilingual moms.
- Hefty (third in IGC volume) utilizes a brand partnership with Chex Mix to co-create Halloween-themed IGC (i.e. Halloween Muddy Buddies in Hefty Slider Bags).
Want to learn more key insights? Download the report below to learn which brands had the greatest influencer SOV in Halloween market in the last year, as well as examples and best practices from Halloween market category leaders.DOWNLOAD