BOTA BOX ADVENTURE TOOL CONTEST – OFFICIAL RULES (“Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. This contest is sponsored by Bota Box Vineyards, 12001 S. Highway 99, Manteca, CA 95336 (the “Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The BOTA BOX ADVENTURE TOOL CONTEST (“Contest “) is open to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (except where prohibited or restricted by law), who are 21 years of age or older (each, an “Entrant”). The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors and officers of Bota Box (“Sponsor”) and each of its respective parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, as well as any web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging or other agency involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same households of each such individual. Further, licensed distributors or retailers of alcoholic beverages, and their employees, are not eligible.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the contest, go to http://botabox.mavrck.co/, participate in the activities provided on the page and supply the required information (including a valid email address) during the contest period. Refer to the rest of the Official Rules for more details.
- Registration with Facebook is required to enter the Contest. There is no cost to register. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can sign up at the app store or at www.facebook.com.
- Proceed to the Bota Box Online Community at http://apply.mavrck.co/botabox.html (“Website”)
- Once on the Bota Box Community Page apply using your Facebook account and participate in the activities on the page. Once completed, you will be asked to provide First and Last Name, email address, and mailing address. See below for additional Submission guidelines.
SUBMISSION/ENTRY begins at 9:00 AM PST on 11/25/15and ends after 25 entries have been drawn (“Contest Entry Period”).
CONFIRMATION OF ENTRY
- Entries that do not include all required information and do not adhere to the foregoing and following requirements will be considered void.
Each Contestant is allowed a maximum of 1 (one) ENTRY into the Contest.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: As conditions of entry into this Contest, and by entering a Submission, Entrant warrants and represents that the Submission:
- is original and has been legally created;
- does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- is not lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, violate any laws and does not otherwise contain content, which Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion decides is inappropriate or objectionable;
- has not been entered in previous contests or won previous awards;
- has not been published or distributed previously in any media
- He/she owns all rights to the Submission;
- He/she is 21 years of age or older;
- That each person whose name/picture(“Likeness”) is included in the Submission is at least 21 years of age, has granted Entrant permission to use said Likeness as described in these rules, and that written permission can be made available at Sponsor’s request.
Sponsor’s determination as to whether the Submission potentially violates the rights of any third party is final.
By entering a Submission, Entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), the Entrant’s Submission, including, but not limited to, any image contained therein (in each case, as submitted or as edited/modified in any way by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion), as well as to use Entrant’s Likeness, and/or statements regarding his/her participation in this Contest (with or without using the Entrant’s name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant expressly waives any intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor’s use of the Submission, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of the Submission or Entrant’s Likeness or statements.
Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, its agencies and Contest Parties and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the “Indemnitees”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnitees due to or arising out of the Entrant’s Submission or Entry, or the Entrant’s conduct in creating a Submission or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation. Entrant further agrees to forever release and discharge Sponsor from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes Entrant’s rights with regard to any elements, characters or ideas contained in any Submission or Entry.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant, the dispute will be resolved in favor of the individual who is the “authorized email account holder” of the address provided in the Entry.
Choice of Law:
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA, without regard to its conflict of laws.
- ADDITIONAL SUBMISSION FORMAT AND CONTENT REQUIREMENTS:
If any group of individuals elects to collaborate on a Submission, they are required to designate one (1) representative to enter the Contest and accept the prize on behalf of the group. Neither Sponsor nor any of the Contest Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators related to a Submission.
Please note the following:
- Submission may not feature any commercial content or logos other than Bota Box.
- Submission must be entirely original and created by you. Use of any elements that are not original may result in disqualification of Submission, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
All Submissions will be reviewed before being published or judged; however, publication of a Submission does not mean the Submission has been deemed to be in compliance with these Official Rules. Submissions that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, inappropriate, or irrelevant content as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, will be disqualified and will not be considered for a prize.
- PRIZES: (25) winner(s) will receive a Bota Box Adventure Tool (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $40). Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Contest is $1,000. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Odds of receiving the Adventure Tool depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Sponsor will ship the Adventure Tool to the winning participants within 1-5 weeks. No substitution of prize for cash or other goods or services is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to provide substitute prizes of approximately equal value. Prizewinners are responsible for all taxes and fees related to any prize received. Actual retail value of prizes may vary due to market conditions. The difference in value of prize as stated herein and value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winner will be required to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in his/her Entry and Submission, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and agree to waive all moral rights in that Submission. Winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, Copyright Assignment and, where lawful, a Publicity Release. In addition, winner will be subject to a background check.
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, or if Sponsor voluntarily elects to stop, modify or cancel the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. In the event the Contest is cancelled or terminated, the Entries available at the point of cancellation or termination will be judged, and a winner will be selected. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Sponsor; (b) violating the Official Rules, or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to require winners to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding the prize to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Contest Parties into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Contest Parties resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website. Use of Website is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Website or the download of any information from the Website. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant forever releases and discharges Sponsor, Facebook, and Contest Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant’s participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, Winner agrees that the Sponsor and Contest Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize. Sponsor and Contest Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
- WINNER LIST: For a list of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope to: Mavrck cc:Mavrck Bota Box Giveaway at 100 North Washington, First Floor, Boston MA, 02114 (stamped envelope not required where prohibited). Requests must be received by no later than 48 hours + 6 Month for the name of the winners and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
- SPONSOR: Bota Box Vineyards, 12001 S. Highway 99, Manteca, CA 95336.
- DISCLOSURE: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. Any and all questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed only to Sponsor and not Facebook.